Deciding to Buy
Buying a home is one of the biggest financial decisions you will ever make, so the decision to purchase starts with evaluating your personal situation and asking some questions.
- Are you ready to move?
- Do you have a lease that is expiring?
- Have you done research on the neighborhoods you want to live in?
- How long do you plan to stay in your current area?
- Are your comfortable in your job situation?
- How much money do you have for a down payment?
- What is your credit score good enough to get a loan?
- Will it be a better financial decision to rent or buy? (Try this rent vs. buy calculator to find out)
- Do you know how much home you can afford? (Try this home affordability calculator for a quick estimate)
Some of these questions are ones that you will need to answer yourself, and other questions I can help you with as your real estate agent. Knowing the answers is the first step toward deciding if now is the right time to buy.