Selling Your House: Here’s Why You Need A Pro In Your Corner!
With home prices on the rise and buyer demand still strong, some sellers may be tempted to try to sell their homes on their own rather than using the services of a real estate professional.
Real estate agents are trained and experienced in negotiation while, in most cases, the seller is not. Sellers must realize that their ability to negotiate will determine whether or not they get the best deal for themselves and their families.
Here is a list of just some of the people with whom the seller must be prepared to negotiate if they decide to For Sale by Owner (FSBO):
- The buyer, who wants the best deal possible
- The buyer’s agent, who solely represents the best interests of the buyer
- The buyer’s attorney (in some parts of the country)
- The home inspection companies, which work for the buyer and will almost always find some problems with the house
- The termite company, if there are challenges
- The buyer’s lender, if the structure of the mortgage requires the sellers’ participation
- The appraiser, if there is a question of value
- The title company, if there are challenges with certificates of occupancy (CO) or other permits
- The town or municipality, if you need to get the CO permits mentioned above
- The buyer’s buyer, in case there are challenges with the house your buyer is selling
The percentage of sellers who have hired real estate agents to sell their homes has increased steadily over the last 20 years. Let’s get together to discuss all that we can do to make the process of selling your house easier for you.
Planning to buy? Get your search of homes for sale in Pittsburgh started here.
Are you relocating to the Pittsburgh area? I can make your move stress-free, offer insight about the area and help you find the perfect home. Give me a call at (724) 309-1758.
I’m here to help guide you through your home buying or selling experience. Connect with Me Today!
Let me help you explore our communities, as a local expert I can give you the rundown on the benefits, trends and hot spots of the area.
The information contained, and the opinions expressed, in this article are not intended to be construed as investment advice. Christa Ross does not guarantee or warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information or opinions contained herein. Nothing herein should be construed as investment advice. You should always conduct your own research and due diligence and obtain professional advice before making any investment decision. Christa Ross will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on the information or opinions contained herein.